- Material: black Italian walnut
- Craft: hand carved and polished
- Size: as shown in picture
- Each set is unique as it’s hand carved
Cleaning and maintenance
- Before using these Wooden Kitchen Utensils, soak them in warm salt water for about an hour. After cleaning, place the wooden utensils in a ventilated and dry place to dry.
- After drying, you can apply cooking oil or olive oil on the surface of the wooden cookware, and then let it dry for 12 hours. This wooden product will be more durable and beautiful
- Do not rinse with boiling water, do not soak for a long time, or expose to the sun. After washing, please wipe with a dry cloth to keep dry. Try to prevent storage in a cool place to prevent deformation and cracking
- Spread cooking oil on the surface of the wooden utensils every two weeks to make the utensils durable
Our Wooden Kitchen Utensils are handcrafted by a local European craftsman. Wood carving is one the oldest artforms of mankind. The handmade method of wood carving takes years to perfect, and like in the case of our craftsmen, it is a skill passed down from one generation to the next. In a world where this process is mostly machine-run and automated, we are proud to support those artisans who remain active today, keeping the art of wood carving alive.
Our craftsmen undergo an astonishing number of steps that make the process of making a single spoon last almost an entire day. These steps include carefully hollowing, fine-tuning, drying, sanding and oiling each spoon. With craftsmen having to repeat many steps to achieve a perfect shape and smooth finish. Their dedication, time and precision behind each of these wooden utensils makes these truly one of a kind.