Granola has become increasingly popular in recent years. It’s a perfect healthy breakfast or snack option. This is why we want to share our healthy granola recipe. So if you are wondering how to make granola look no further, we have a simple granola recipe you will love.
What you will need
- 4 cups of rolled oats
- 1 ½ cup raw nuts and/or seeds
- 1 teaspoon fine-grain sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup melted coconut oil (can use olive oil instead)
- ½ cup honey (or melted syrup)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- ⅔ cup dried fruit
- Optional additions: ½ cup chocolate chips or shredded coconut.
- Preheat oven to 140 degrees and prepare a large baking sheet. You may also line baking paper on the baking sheet.
- In a large mixing bowl pour the oats, nuts and/ or seeds. Stir to blend.
- On a smaller mixing bowl, add the coconut oil, maple syrup/honey, cinnamon, salt and vanilla extract. Mix well, you can also microwave the mixture for approximately 23 seconds to ensure it is fully blended.
- Add the mixture to the large mixing bowl with the oats. Mix well, coating all the oats and nuts/seeds.
- Pour the granola mix onto your baking sheet. Use a large spoon to spread the mix to an even layer (this will allow the granola to be baked equally throughout).
- Bake until lightly golden (should take around 20 minutes). Stir the mixture, here you can add the shredded coconut as it cooks faster. Bake for another 35 minutes. The granola will further crisp up as it cools. Tip: for extra-clumpy granola, press the granola down with your spatula to even the layer out even more.
- Remove the granola from the oven and let it cool completely, undisturbed (for at least 30 minutes). Top with the dried fruit; you can add the chocolate chips here.
- After cooling, break the granola into pieces. For big chunks, break with your hands, otherwise stir it with a spoon.
- To store, place the granola in an airtight container at room temperature. This way it can last for 1 to 2 weeks. Otherwise, it can be stored for up to 3 months in a sealed freezer bag in the freezer.
How to make granola video: